Posting Date: 11/20/13
Position: Strategic Marketing Manager
SummitMedia Hawaii is a group of top Honolulu radio stations whose goal is to generate media dollars from local and national advertisers. The team creates fully integrated marketing solutions utilizing one or more of local assets owned and controlled by SummitMedia LLC (radio, social, digital and live events). Within SummitMedia Hawaii, the Strategic Marketing group is the creative think tank for developing innovative and strategic marketing and promotional ideas and presentations for the group’s local sales team.
The culture of the team is entrepreneurial, dynamic, active and responsive. Candidates should be capable of reimagining boundaries to create new models of engagement with a proven track record of thinking this way and be able to show us tangible examples.
·Consult, collaborate and brainstorm with sales team on big ideas and how to present them in a compelling proposal for biggest impact
·Guide ideation for programs/proposals; coordinate, lead and participate in brainstorming sessions
·Create marketing and promotional concepts that can be amplified through consumer touch points inherent to radio, including live events, in-store, online and broadcast
·Develop compelling sales proposals and presentations for clients
·Work with VP of Sales and Marketing to produce visually-arresting proposals, presentations, marketing and brand positioning collateral
- Attend client meetings, assess client needs and translate needs into a tangible strategy
- Coordinate all projects in the department that require publication support
- Manage and write content for CBS Altitude Group website
- Additional administrative duties to assist the VP of Sales and Marketing on a daily basis
We are looking for a self-starter who thinks creatively, strategically and unconventionally while inspiring others in the group.
- Possess very strong presentation and story-telling writing skills.
- Ability to derive insights from research and familiarity with a broad range of advertising/media tools (e.g. MRI, Scarborough, Arbitron), Experience with cross-platform media preferred
- Strong process orientation and communication skills
- Desire to work in fast-growth, entrepreneurial environment
- College degree
- At least 2 to 4 years’ experience working in a consumer -driven marketing capacity (e.g. brand, advertising sales, agency)
- Be a high-energy, self-starter individual with an entrepreneurial spirit that can take ideas and run with them
- Possess a strong passion for brands and new media with a sincere interest in how they are marketed
- Outstanding attention to detail and a proven track record of successful project management
- Great work ethic and high energy person
- Extremely creative, resourceful and detail-oriented; must multi-task and prioritize with ease in a deadline-driven environment
- Results-driven team player who can problem solve quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of research tools
- Solid computer skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Direct Cover Letter & Resume To: Rhoda Kihikihi or
Fax 275-1076 or e mail
Note: No phone calls – Applicant will be notified for interview EEO